The Balfour Beatty London Youth Games, part of the School Games offers schools loads of opportunities to get involved in Europe's' largest annual youth sport event.
There are opportunities to get involved in the following programmes:
1. FanFest - open to all primary schools across London. Schools get the opportunity to try out new sports, cultural and education workshops. Space is limited. For more information and to apply for a space, click here!
2. Shake it Out! - open to all primary and secondary schools. Shake it Out is a dance competition where groups can get the chance to perform in front of thousands of spectators at the opening ceremony. For more information, click here!
3. Art competitions - open to all schools, young people can get the chance to design their own School Games value sticker (click here) or write their own pledge (click here).
4. FilmFest - open to all schools, young people have the opportunity to make their own short film and. The best five films will be screened at the schools finals. For more information, click here!
Other programmes LYG are currently involved in or supporting:
- London National Schools Street Dance Championships
London National Schools Street Dance Championships – New Date!
Great news, the date for this London competition has now been extended to offer this fantastic opportunity to more groups. The new date is Thursday 15th May 2014. More information coming soon!
Get practicing to be ready to showcase your talent.
For more information on any of the above programmes or what the London Youth Games can offer you and your school, get in touch at email@example.com or download the festival guides on the right hand side of this webpage.
This webpage will be updated if and when new opportunities/competitions/programmes become available.
***last updated 03/03/2014