- Support the games
- Results & Standings
- Team organisers
- About LYG
Rules and Regulations: Archery
Last updated: February 22, 2023
Download PDF here – LYG23_Archery_ Info_Rules
ARC 1 The London Youth Games Archery competition will run in accordance with Archery GB rules.
ARC 1.1 Should any rules listed below contradict those outlined by Archery GB, these rules will supersede those.
ARC 1.2 It will be at the sole discretion of the Competition Director as to the application of these rules, and any subsequent decision made as a result will be final.
ARC 2 Age Category
ARC 2.1 The following age groups and respective maximum and minimum date of births will apply to the London Youth Games Archery Competition:
ARC 2.1.1 The age groups outlined below are in line with Archery GB guidance in that age groups are based on calendar years.
|Oldest DOB||Youngest DOB|
ARC 2.3 Competitors are not permitted to enter this competition if they are ineligible. No exceptions will be made.
ARC 2.4 It is the responsibility of competitors/parents/team managers/local authority staff to ensure all competitors details are entered correctly at the time of submission, and that they are eligible to compete for their borough under the London Youth Games Games Rules, and in accordance with the age groups outlined for the competition.
ARC 2.4.1 In the instance a competitor is found to be ineligible, they will be disqualified from the competition entirely, and the borough will receive a points penalty as per the Games Rules.
ARC 3 Squad Size and Scorer Boroughs are permitted to enter a minimum of 1 competitor and a maximum of 10 competitors.
ARC 3.1 Each team must provide a scorer over 18 years of age. All scorers must wear appropriate footwear (no open toe shoes). Please provide the details of your scorer alongside your squad submission via the form provided.
ARC 4 Kit & Equipment Competitors must provide own bow and arrow (no all-carbon arrows). No compound bows allowed. If you are struggling with equipment, please contact London Youth Games.
ARC 5 Competition Rules
ARC 5.1 Competitors will shoot the following distances based on their age on the competition date;
- Competitors aged 11 years or younger (oldest DOB 31/12/2011) will shoot a Windsor 30 (10, 20 & 30 yards)
- Competitors aged 13 years or younger (oldest DOB 31/12/2009) will shoot a Windsor 40 (20, 30 & 40 yards)
- Competitors aged 15 years or younger (oldest DOB 31/12/2007) will shoot a Windsor 50 (30, 40 & 50 yeards)
- Competitors aged 17 years or younger (oldest DOB 31/12/2005) will shoot a Windsor (40, 50 & 60 yards)
ARC 7 Overall Scoring The 4 top scores of the 10 team members are added together to produce a total score for each borough.
ARC 7.1 Incomplete competition: if the competition is cancelled or suspended, the following steps will be used to calculate a final result:
- Results from all completed events are combined and used to identify the overall winner.
- Events: Junior Windsor (boys), Junior Windsor (girls), Short Windsor (mixed), Windsor (mixed).
- Minimum requirements: to determine a completed event, 1 round is required. To determine a result for the competition, 1 event must be completed.
- Tied teams will not be separated once scores from events are combined, except in the event that the top 3 teams have the same number of points, then the highest number of 1st place finishers will be the deciding factor, then 2nd place finishers and so on.
ARC 8 Medals & Trophies Medals and trophies will be awarded as follows:
ARC 8.1 Overall Borough medals will be awarded to all competitors in 1st, 2nd and 3rd placed teams.
ARC 8.2 Medals awarded for 1st, 2nd and 3rd placed competitor in each event.
ARC 8.3 Borough trophy awarded to the overall winner.