SIGN UP TO GAMESFORCE
We are always looking for new volunteers to join the GamesForce family. To sign up to GamesForce please register by clicking the button below and signing up to our app.
GamesForce gets you involved in every angle of the London Youth Games and through GamesForce there is also the opportunity to get involved in other major sporting events across the city.
Once you are signed up you will receive GamesForce updates letting you know when volunteering opportunities become available. You can sign up to as many or as few events as you like during the year, so you can choose whatever suits you.
There are three main roles to get involved with when volunteering:
Sports roles include: Registration and Results; Officials (in many of the 30 sports); Assisting with the competition.
Events roles include: Medal ceremonies; Event support; Event & Information Hub; Hospitality.
Media roles include: Photographers; Videographers; Reporters; Social media; Journalists.
Roles are open to anyone and you can try out different ones at various events, so you get the chance to find the perfect role for you.
GamesForce Team Leaders play a senior role at the London Youth Games. Team Leaders take on leadership roles, and are part of the onsite management crew at all our events, helping to manage groups of volunteers.
Junior Team Leaders
Junior Team Leaders are aged between 16-18 and work alongside the Team Leaders on some of our event days. Junior Team Leaders gain experience and understanding of the role, developing leadership and communication skills. It is hoped that Junior Team Leaders will go on to become Team Leaders once they are 18.
Our successful applicants are:
- Aged 18+ (Team Leaders) and 16-18 (Junior Team Leaders).
- Available to attend the selection evening in January and training in April (both by invitation).
- Available for 2 – 3 days between May and June 2018 to attend London Youth Games qualifying competitions. This is where Team Leaders and Junior Team Leaders receive onsite training for their roles.
- Team Leaders need to be available for the duration of finals week (3rd – 7th July). Team Leaders live onsite for a week at Crystal Palace National Sports Centre with the London Youth Games Team to assist with the preparation and running of the multi-sport event.
- Junior Team Leaders need to be available for finals weekend (6th – 7th July). Junior Team Leaders will make their own way to the event on these days but all public transport and/or mileage from within the M25 will be covered.
How to apply:
Applications for 2019 have now closed. However, if you are interested in becoming a Team Leader, applications for 2020 will open in November.
WHAT OUR VOLUNTEERS SAY
“Being a volunteer is such a privilege as I get to do and see sooo many different sports, people and the interactions are wonderful. Love It!