- Support the games
- Results & Standings
- Team organisers
- About LYG
London Youth Games launch new strategy – Every Young Londoner’s Games
19th Jan 2021
Every Young Londoner's Games sets out vision to create the world’s largest and most inclusive city-focused Youth Games
London Youth Games has released its new 2021-2025 strategy, Every Young Londoner’s Games, which sets out its vision to create the world’s largest and most inclusive city-focused Youth Games.
Every Young Londoner’s Games puts the voices of young people at the heart of the future of the London Youth Games ensuring a relevant offer and great experiences for the young people of London.
London Youth Games’ Youth Engagement Officer, Subomi Odanye, said: “It’s imperative to put the voices of young people at the centre of decision making to ensure LYG remains relevant in the lives of young Londoners and is able to offer the solutions and opportunities they need. Working with young people and delivering sport as they want it will guarantee the future success of the Games.”
Founded in 1977 to celebrate the Queen’s Silver Jubilee, London Youth Games has been using the power of competitive sport to create life-changing opportunities for young Londoners for over 40 years. Building on this heritage, Every Young Londoner’s Games, will guide London Youth Games in what can become the most exciting era in its rich history.
Discussing Every Young Londoner’s Games, London Youth Games’ Chief Executive, Andy Dalby-Welsh, said: “Our vision is to create the world’s largest and most inclusive city-focused Youth Games that is accessible to all. The last year has been hugely difficult for so many young Londoners and the sporting infrastructure of London. Although a small team we want to play a huge role in helping young people back to sport and physical activity no matter their background. This will be crucial for the physical and mental health of our young Londoners.”
Every Young Londoner’s Games identifies four priorities and their accompanying enablers that will allow London Youth Games to achieve its vision and succeed aligned to their key beliefs that; Sport is a right for all, sport improves physical and mental wellbeing and sport is a key driver of social integration.
This new strategy has been developed over the course of the last 12 months through a series of consultations with London Youth Games’ invaluable partners including Sport England, Nike, London Sport, representatives from the 33 local authority members and young Londoners.
The strategic priorities set out in Every Young Londoner’s Games are:
- Deliver sport as young people want it: We will put the voices and opinions of young Londoners at the heart of decision-making at London Youth Games
- Inclusivity and diversity: London Youth Games to become recognised as a sector leader driving best practice in inclusivity and diversity
- 1st class experience for participants, coaches and supporters: London Youth Games is an experience that is truly cherished in the lives of young Londoners rippling across the capital by word of mouth
- Long-term sustainable financial model: We will demonstrate a clear return on investment to each of our partners and funders
The accompanying enablers that will allow London Youth Games to achieve its vision:
- Sustainable commitment from all 33 boroughs: All of London’s 33 boroughs committed through to the 2025 London Youth Games
- Digital enablement: Deepen the understanding of the value of London Youth Games and the people it reaches through new digital channels
- Brand Awareness: To raise the profile of London Youth Games in London to draw broader audiences into the Games beyond typical sport audiences.
London Youth Games 2021-2025 strategy, Every Young Londoner’s Games, is available to read and download here.